The SRC’s workshops, courses and monthly webinars have been raising the stereology proficiency of bioscientists and computer programmers for over 20 years. Our instructors have a deep appreciation for learning, teaching and practicing the applications of unbiased stereology to biological sciences. To date we have trained more than 4000 participants (and counting!), including all scientists and physicians from all medical disciplines, as well as the owners and programmers from stereology companies worldwide.
A Word of Caution
As in many examples of “free” online information, informational websites focused on unbiased stereology should be approach with a great deal of caution. This includes the stereology-oriented websites and online “information centers” maintained by private companies claiming to provide unbiased advice on stereology theory and practice. In reality, these sites are constructed and maintained as vehicles for selling their products and services. The information provided on these websites lack professional peer review and contain numerous errors that can result in spurious data. These companies are run by personnel lacking stereology training. Their singular goal is using these “information” sites to sell you their products and services. Though we also commercialize stereology products and services, we do not use this approach. Based on our extensive experience over the past two decades, the best way to avoid introducing errors and bias into stereology projects is through one-on-one communication with de facto stereology experts.
Professional Stereology Training
In contrast to stereology companies focused on maximizing profit, SRC Biosciences is focused on science.
- Our experts have personally published more than 100 peer-reviewed stereology books, scientific articles and reviews, in addition to thousands of works published by our customers in the past two decades.
- We provide professional peer review to more than a dozen scientific journals; serve on federal (NIH) study sections; and routinely receive federal, state and private funding for science- and technology oriented projects.
- It is critical to understand how accurate stereology theory and practice integrates with efficient study design, statistical analysis and the peer-review process for publications and funding proposals.
- SRC Biosciences products and services qualify for Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) certification as required by regulatory agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration.
- Our training is designed to support all computerized stereology system, not just the systems we commercialize and support.
- Due to our wide range of Stereology-related products and services, SRC Biosciences can provide the most affordable prices in the industry.
Computerized Stereology Training
The monthly Stereology “Free-for-All” Webinars provide the necessary background in stereology theory and practical information to operate all types of commercial stereology software. In contrast to webinars from business-oriented companies, we do not try to sell you stereology software. Instead of showing users the right buttons to push in a particular software program, we teach the “how” and “why” of computerized stereology as needed to accurately complete your own studies and allow you to carry appropriate peer review of other studies.
Whenever possible, SRC Biosciences offers regional on-site stereology training at no or low cost to users of all computerized stereology systems. To date we have completed this training in than 150 comprehensive stereology workshops and seminars in the U.S., Canada and more than 15 countries worldwide, including China, Australia and numerous European countries.
Contact Us to register and for details.
Peer-reviewed Stereology Books
Principles And Practices Of Unbiased Stereology: An Introductions For Bioscientists (2002), Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore MD, USA. This book is a valuable addition to the current literature on stereologic methods. Beginners will find it useful and easy to read. The text also offers an excellent support for stereology courses as it provides the reader with sufficient technical background without being overwhelming with mathematical details, and is designed for a ‘hands-on’ approach to learning stereologic methods, unlike other books on the subject. The author’s expertise is in neurobiology and neuropathology, but clearly this book is not targeting only ‘neurostereologists’; investigators from all domains of biology, as well as geologists, material scientists, and engineers, will benefit from reading and using it. Patrick R. Hof, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY.
Unbiased Stereology: A Concise Guide (2011), Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore MD,USA. Hardcover, paperback, and e-book editions). “An excellent textbook for practical applications of the theoretically rigorous methods of state-of-art unbiased stereology.” Professor Arun M. Gokhale, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA