The SRC’s workshops, courses and monthly webinars have been raising the stereology proficiency of bioscientists and computer programmers for over 20 years. Our instructors have a deep appreciation for learning, teaching and practicing the applications of unbiased stereology to biological sciences.
A Word of Caution
Reliable stereology information = peer review.
Beware of free online information of any type, especially from information centers claiming to offer unbiased stereology. None of this information is peer-reviewed by anyone except aggressive marketers and private companies intent on selling you their overpriced products and services. The people behind these websites lack scientific training and have little knowledge or experience with stereology, histology or the biosciences. If something you read on these sites or something they tell you 0over the phone just doesn’t sound right, beware, it’s probably because it’s not.
Professional Stereology Training
At SRC Biosciences we focus entirely on the applications of unbiased stereology to the biosciences.
- We only recommend peer-reviewed stereology books, scientific articles and reviews.
- We provide professional peer review to more than a dozen scientific journals, serve on federal (NIH) study sections, and routinely receive federal, state and private funding for science- and technology oriented projects.
- SRC Biosciences products and services qualify for Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) certification as required by regulatory agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration.
- We support owners of all computerized stereology system, not just the systems we sell and support.
- SRC Biosciences provide the most affordable prices in the industry.
- Since 1995 we’ve sold more than 10,000 products and services and trained 4000+ participants (and counting!), including bioscientists, biologists and medical scientists from all disciplines.
- Contact Us if you need help with your stereology.
Computerized Stereology Training
Our Monthly Stereology Webinar Series provides background in stereology theory and practice. In contrast to webinars from business-oriented companies, we do not try to sell you stereology software. We explain the “how” and “why” of stereology as needed to design, supervise and complete your own studies.
Whenever possible, we offer on-site stereology training at no or low cost to users of all computerized stereology systems, including more than 150 comprehensive stereology workshops and seminars in the U.S., Canada, China, Australia and several EU countries.
Contact Us to register and for details.
Peer-reviewed Stereology Books
Principles And Practices Of Unbiased Stereology: An Introductions For Bioscientists (2002), Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore MD, USA. This book is a valuable addition to the current literature on stereologic methods. Beginners will find it useful and easy to read. The text also offers an excellent support for stereology courses as it provides the reader with sufficient technical background without being overwhelming with mathematical details, and is designed for a ‘hands-on’ approach to learning stereologic methods, unlike other books on the subject. The author’s expertise is in neurobiology and neuropathology, but clearly this book is not targeting only ‘neurostereologists’; investigators from all domains of biology, as well as geologists, material scientists, and engineers, will benefit from reading and using it. Patrick R. Hof, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY.
Unbiased Stereology: A Concise Guide (2011), Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore MD,USA. Hardcover, paperback, and e-book editions). “An excellent textbook for practical applications of the theoretically rigorous methods of state-of-art unbiased stereology.” Professor Arun M. Gokhale, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA