Stereology Workshops and Courses On Biological Applications
Of Computerized Stereology
Stereology Workshops and Courses play a critical role in building proficiency in the theory and practical aspects of computerized stereology.
All Stereologer customers receive intensive stereology training in both manual and automatic aspects to ensure they gained the maximal benefit from their systems.
Every year SRC Biosciences also sponsors more than a dozen comprehensive stereology workshops and training courses at academic centers, government agencies and private companies in the U.S. and abroad.
Since 1995 more than 3500 bioscientists have been trained in the principles and practices of unbiased stereology through SRC-sponsored single- and multi-day workshops and courses. These courses include U.S.-based and international bioscientists in academic medical centers, government agencies and private industry.
Dr. Mouton is one of the few bioscientists and histologists with decades of stereology experience. He has authored or co-authored more than 80 stereology publications and is a highly experienced peer-reviewer for U.S. and international scientific journals and funding agencies.
Dr. Mouton’s training emphasizes several critical areas:
- Optimal sampling for maximal efficiency.
- Tissue processing for optimal results (fixation, embedding, sectioning, staining, etc.).
- Efficient use of all types of computerized stereology systems.
- Peer-review considerations for publications and funding proposals.
- Study designs for accurate data collection.
- Theory and practical aspects of unbiased (design-based) stereology.