from the Greek, stereos — the study of three-dimensional objects
- Unbiased (design-based) Stereology: stereology solutions specifically designed to avoid all known sources of methodological bias when quantifying biological structure.
- Stereologer (ster-ē-äl-əjər): an innovative, user-friendly and state-of-the-art system (hardware-software-microscope-imaging) for quantifying biological structure with unbiased stereology.
- Stereology Resource Center (SRC): Maryland- and Florida-based company under the direction of Peter R. Mouton, Ph.D., Director and Chief Scientific Officer.
Reviewers for scientific journals, funding agencies and regulatory bodies require design-based (unbiased) stereology analysis for morphometric studies of biological tissue. Examples include the microscopic analysis of tissue atrophy/hypertrophy, cell loss/proliferation, surface membrane expansion/contraction and fiber or capillary growth/degeneration.
- Pathology and Toxicology: Understanding the mechanisms for disease and toxic effects.
- Experimental Psychology: Discovering brain-behavior correlations.
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics: Developing novel strategies for the therapeutic management of disease
Since 1995 the SRC has provided more stereology solutions to global bioscience community than any other organization or institution.
Stereology Solutions from the SRC
- Computerized Stereology Systems
- Stereology Contract Research Outsourcing
- Stereology Training
- Stereology Books
Contact Us to complete your stereology projects in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.